Effective Date:- 13 September,2019
- Information We Collect
- Use of Information We Collect
- Sharing Information with Third Parties
- Rights and Information of Users
- Opt-Out Options
- Security and Account Access
- Applicable law
- Contacting Grocito
2. Information We Collect
Grocito may collect the following information from or about you:
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your Amazon experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses grocito.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of grocito.com on other Web sites.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we may receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from grocito.com, if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your settings.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
- Usage and Log Data. We collect information when you use the Grocito Services or view Grocito advertising outside of the Grocito Services. Examples of this information may include your IP address, device, browser and software characteristics (such as type and operating system), location (which may include precise location data), activity on the Grocito.com Services including information about the items you view on Grocito page views, ad data, referral URLs, network state, device identifiers or other unique identifiers such as advertising identifiers and identifiers associated with browser cookies and carrier information.
- Data Collected Through Cookies and Similar Technologies. Like many online services, we use various technologies to collect usage data and store preferences. These technologies are discussed below.
- Cookies and Local Storage. One technology we use is called a cookie. A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to your computer’s hard disk. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to better understand how you interact with the Grocito Services or Grocito advertising published outside of the Grocito Services, to monitor aggregate usage by our users and web traffic routing on the Grocito Services, and to customize Content and advertising. These uses allow us to improve the Grocito Services. We may create a unique device or user ID for you and store it in a cookie so we can customize your experience based on your preferences.
Most Internet browsers automatically accepts cookies. You can instruct your browser by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. For information about disabling cookies or deleting information contained in Flash cookies, please go through your browser settings. Please note that disabling cookies or deleting information contained in cookies or Flash cookies may interfere with the performance and features of the Grocito Services. For example, we may not be able to store your preferences or login information or customize the Content and advertising to your viewing habits.
- Account and Profile Data from Third-Party Services. If you choose to log-in, access or otherwise connect to the Grocito Services, or contact Grocito, through a third-party service (such as Facebook), we may, for example, collect your user ID and user name associated with that service, as well as any information you make public using that service. We may also collect information you have authorized the service to share with us (such as your user ID, address information, public profile information, email address, birthday, and profile data).
- Third-Party Data. We may collect information about you from other sources, such as data aggregators, public databases, and our business partners. Examples of this may include information (whether identified, de-identified or anonymous, and whether collected online or offline) about your interests, demographic data, purchasing behavior, and your activities online (such as websites visited and advertisements viewed).
3. Use of Information We Collect
- We use the information we collect from or about you in order to help deliver a first-class user experience. Our use of this information may include the following:
- providing the Grocito Services;
- contacting you, including for promotional purposes;
- customizing the Content and advertising you view and evaluating how well the Content and advertising perform;
- identifying Content you like & buy;
- customizing recommendations;
- conducting research;
- compiling aggregate data for internal and external business purposes;
- preventing potentially illegal or harmful activities, including fraud;
- protecting your and our rights;
- any other purpose that is disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or that is related to a request made by you.
- Use of Location Data. In order to access certain Grocito Services from your mobile device, you may be required to share your device’s precise location (e.g., latitude and longitude) with us. In addition to providing you with certain Grocito Services, this also enables us to serve you Content related to your local area such as news and sports, depending on your subscription. This data may also be used to tailor advertising to you based on your location.
4. Sharing Information with Third Parties
We may share information collected from or about you with third parties as explained further below, including business partners, social networking services, service providers, advertisers, and other companies that are not affiliated with.
- Social Networking Services. When you choose to share information with social networking services about your activities on the Grocito Services, including items you wish list or like on Grocito, information about you and your activities will be shared with that social network.
- Service Providers. We may share the information collected from or about you with companies that provide services to us and our business partners.
- Your Browsers and Devices. We may work with service providers who use information collected from or about you to help us identify the browsers and devices you use for various purposes, including for targeted advertising, analytics, attribution, and measurement purposes. For example, these service providers may use your activity on one browser or device to serve you with more tailored advertising on another browser or device.
- Advertising-Related Service Providers. We may share the information collected from or about you in encrypted, aggregated, or de-identified forms with advertisers and service providers that perform advertising-related services for us and our business partners in order to tailor advertisements, measure and improve advertising effectiveness, and enable other enhancements. This information includes your use of the grocito.com website, websites you visited, advertisements you viewed, and your other activities online.
5. Rights and Information of the Users
User of grocito.com has a right to alter, correct or update his personal or non-personal information including details about your Grocito account, payment information and other related information. Deletion of personal information may be requested by you as and when required. We would attempt to respond to all requests relating to such issues in accordance with law. We retain the right to reject any unreasonable or unrealistic requests, requests that could expose us to fraud in any manner or requires unnecessary technical support. We promise to prevent and take measures in order to dispose off any personal information of the user when not required.
We advertise Grocito both on its website as well as on other platforms and services. We also display advertisements from other companies on the Grocito Services, often enabling users to interact with the advertisements or click through to websites or other properties owned or operated by other companies. This section provides additional information about the collection and use of information from or about you in connection with such advertising.
7. Opt-Out Options
Users have the following choices regarding how we and third parties use certain information collected from or about you. Grocito.com is committed to complying with the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA") Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising and the DAA Application of Self-Regulatory Principles for the Mobile Environment.
Opt-Out from Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from Grocito by accessing your account. You may also opt out of certain promotional communications by clicking the "unsubscribe" link in a particular promotional communication. Please note that you cannot opt out from receiving all communications from Grocito, including administrative messages, service announcements, and messages regarding the terms and conditions of your account because those may contain important information.
8. Security and Account Access
We use a variety of physical, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard information in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, and modification. For example, we take steps to limit access to sensitive information from or about you to the employees, agents, and contractors of Grocito who have a legitimate business reason to access such information.
Please note that there is always a possibility that a breach in data transmission or storage may occur. We want you to feel confident in our security when using the Grocito Services, but we cannot guarantee the security of any information from or about you at all times. Please note that if you allow others to use your account, they may be able to view information about your account, including information about the videos you view and your email address.
9. Applicable Law
Grocito Online Private Limited is headquartered in Rajasthan, India and the Grocito Services are intended for users in India and across the globe. By viewing any Content or otherwise using the Grocito Services, you consent to the transfer of information throughout India to the extent applicable, and the collection, storage, and processing of information under Indian laws.
11. Contacting Grocito
At Grocito, we are committed towards ensuring that disputes between Sellers and Buyers are settled amicably by way of the dispute resolution mechanisms and procedures. However, in the event that You wish to contact Grocito about the seller, You may proceed to do so by reaching out to customer support at 9672345662 or access help center at https://grocito.com/contact-us .